* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

August 19, 2007

RECLAIMING LIFE

My chemotherapy is done and so is my radiation therapy.

I am getting ready to go to church with my family, just as I have been doing for many Sundays of my life. Today, it has sweeter meaning because I have a better understanding of what family is, what love is, what Christianity is, what life is all about.

It is so ironic that it was when I was at the lowest point in my life that I understood all of these things and embraced them passionately.

I know the road ahead is tough. I never meant to trivialize cancer and what it has done to me and my family, to other people's families. I am sure there will be days of doubt and uncertainty.

Days of pain.

Days of wondering why.

Thankfully, I now have a deeper knowledge of God’s grace and His pleasure to bless me. I am home with my family. I am surrounded with relatives and friends who care for me and want to see that I get well. I have learned to value myself more.

I have all I need to reclaim my life.



No comments: