* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

August 11, 2007

THE CANCER SHOW


Today I was interviewed for The Cancer Show. It's a documentary about cancer survivors in Cebu that was put together by a dear old friend, Bien Fernandez. I was interviewed by Meanne Alcordo Solomon, herself a survivor.

My segment was supposed to be an insight into the life of a survivor who is currently undergoing treatment. I came in with my usual hat and scarf and was asked to remove them towards the end of the show, to show my spanking new hair growth.

In the second half of the segment, the directors asked to interview my husband on his perspective as the spouse of a cancer patient. Bong was very candid and I could not help but notice some of the audience wipe some tears from their eyes.

No comments: