* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

August 11, 2007

THE CANCER BLOG AND MY 15 SECONDS OF FAME


It’s safe to say that I have had three therapies for the treatment of my cancer: chemotherapy, radiation therapy and "blog therapy." Among the three, the last one has provided me with the most satisfying relief while coping with this rollercoaster ride I’m now in.

In the beginning, this blog was meant to be nothing more than a personal journal for my children and future grandchildren to read. However, weeks into my treatment, friends would send me text messages asking how I was, and so this blog became my way of updating them about what I was going through.

Eventually, as post came after post, and as days turned into months, friends, relatives and strangers alike started telling me how they were touched by the stories that I had to tell. At this point, blogging had evolved from being my way of venting out feelings into sharing anecdotes and insights with hopes that someone else other than me would find healing and hope through my daily encounters, struggles and triumphs. My cancer journey had become not just my own, but everyone else’s who cared to share the walk with me.

Today, my other blog,
Canvas and Manuscript and I are featured at www.thecancerblog.com in an item entitled Cancer Survivor Blogs Life as a Canvas. I don’t know where this will take me and the stories that I have told here, but if its my way of sharing “to the ends of the earth,” then so be it. I am more than grateful that I have been given this opportunity of telling the world that, among other things, God is good and life can be beautiful and meaningful during, and after cancer.

No comments: