* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

September 2, 2007

BOUNCING BACK

After a series of consultations with my doctors, we have all agreed that I will wait a little longer and observe the lump I recently found on my mastectomy site. It is too soon after radiation treatment to go under the knife. The risk of the wound not healing well is too great. Thus, I have no choice but to wait out the recommended four more weeks and just observe the little nuisance closely.

In the meantime, I just came across an
article about resilience. It defines people with resilience as those who harness inner strengths and rebound more quickly from a setback or challenge. These are the people who have the ability to say to themselves, "OK, this bad thing happened, and I can either dwell on it or I can learn from it."

I have decided that this setback will not hinder me from believing that I am already healed. It will not keep me from declaring God’s goodness in my life. It will not hold me back from celebrating life with zeal and hope.

If I overcame a lump before, I can overcome another one again.

No comments: