* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

October 11, 2007

SECOND ROUND

Today, I begin my new chemotherapy regimen.

It will be primarily anchored on Xeloda, a drug that is intended for cancer that has metastasized to the bone. The whole regimen will cover eighteen weeks consisting of six cycles, a whole spectrum of drugs and vitamins. According to my oncologist, because of the characteristics of my cancer, lobular carcinoma, she has to apply treatment on the cellular level. She is thinking that my cancer must have began ten to fifteen years ago.

I am a little wary of the side effects that are bound to come, but over all, I feel good that I am doing something to control the situation.

This new treatment is preventive in nature, to eliminate further any chance of a spread of the cancer to my bones. I like the idea that we are being aggressive in covering all possible avenues to ensure that any wayward cancer cell hiding within my body will be targeted and that cancer will not come back.

Just like anything in life, there are two options that I can take in my cancer fight: conservative or aggressive. After all these years, I have now found out that it actually feels good to be aggressive.

I am worked up and eager for the next round.

I am in faith that I am steadily moving towards a cancer knock-out.

No comments: