* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

June 24, 2007

MY HALF-TIME REPORT

Right now, it feels like I am in between the two halves of a basketball game. The first round of treatment through chemotherapy has just ended and I am gearing up for the second round with radiation treatment that will follow in the next week.

In the meantime, the lights are out and the cheerleaders are entertaining the crowds. I am catching my breath, making up for some lost time and making the necessary connections that will make me breeze through the next half.

I am working on my healthy lifestyle. Eating well, sleeping long enough, exercising. And maybe the most important in the whole scheme of lifestyle change, I am learning to let go of extraneous things. I am choosing to say no to responsibilities that cause me unnecessary stress. If something comes up and I get a bad feeling inside, I pass it up. If I offer to help someone and she doesn't want it, I don't feel bad anymore. I simply let it go.

I am enjoying the mundane things in life and savoring the moments I have with family and friends.

Being able to choose my priorities, my commitments, my concerns makes me feel happier, healthier, more in charge of my life. It's good for my health, it is good for my soul.

No comments: