* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Welcome to my personal thoughts and opinions…travels and personal encounters…momentary acquaintances and lifetime connections as I view life through the pink-tinted spectacles of breast cancer.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

April 28, 2007

RAIN ON A SUMMER DAY

Yesterday it rained for a few minutes. The smell of rain on the hot pavement, the soft patter of the raindrops on the roof, the cool air blowing through the windows. They were all such a delightful respite from the seemingly endless summer heat.

This has been one long and hard summer. To add to the challenges of my chemotherapy, it has been unusually hot and, of all times, the power outages have become more frequent. They were just saying in the month of May, things will even get worse. Hearing that, I felt weighed down with the prospect of having to go through the second half of my treatment and enduring all the discomforts.

Therefore, when Bong came home with a smile from ear to ear, I wasn’t really interested in what he had to say. No amount of cheering up could pull me out of the rut.

Well, he sure proved me wrong.

Apparently, my oncologist had been readjusting my treatment based on my responses to the infusions and medications. Because I was responding quite well, some doses were elevated which means I will have only two more cycles left instead of three! This also means my chemotherapy will end in May instead of June. And the best development of all, I will just have foul taste buds two more times and not three.

Rain on a summer day. Good news on bad days. God’s loving faithfulness in tough times.

Thank You, Lord.

No comments: